Quantity Surveyor / Estimator – Auckland
- Become a CostX® Software Product Specialist
- Work with an international technology company
- Gain valuable experience in BIM
Exactal develops, markets and distributes CostX®, a leading on-screen quantity take-off and estimating software product which is used across the construction industry worldwide. With offices around the world including Australia, the UK, Hong Kong, New Zealand, the USA and Malaysia, CostX® has thousands of users in over 80 countries and is a global leader in BIM-enabled estimating, 3D take-off, and 2D on-screen measurement for building and construction.
We have a position in our Auckland office for a Quantity Surveyor, Estimator or Construction Professional to join Exactal as a permanent full time CostX® Product Specialist.
You will receive training in all aspects of CostX® and your duties will include:
- Demonstrating CostX® to potential customers and industry stakeholders
- Providing training and implementation services in CostX® to new and existing users
- Helping to set-up the software for new users
- Interfacing with users and analysing their needs to brief the software developers
- Assisting the sales, marketing and software development teams
- Learning and keeping informed about the latest worldwide trends in construction software, especially BIM
- Contributing towards the continued development of CostX® and growth of Exactal
The ideal candidate will have:
- Diploma or Degree in Quantity Surveying or a related Construction discipline
- Good measurement skills and an interest in software and BIM
- Excellent presentation skills and confidence in dealing with groups of people in training and demonstration situations
- Previous experience in using CostX® will be highly regarded
- You should be organised, able to work to deadlines, and able to work independently
- Travel to visit customers and users offices will be a requirement of the role, including some domestic and international travel
The company would consider candidates who live abroad and are looking to relocate to New Zealand. Visa sponsorship will be provided by the company.
- A competitive salary
- You will become an expert in one of the world’s leading estimating software products
- You will apply your skills and interact with a cross-section of the construction industry including Professional QS firms, Government Departments, Contractors and Subcontractors
- You will be involved in the leading edge of the industry and gain valuable experience in BIM and 3D design technologies
- You need to submit a resume and a cover letter
- You need to apply directly. Applications from recruitment companies will not be accepted
- Applications close Wednesday April 11th
Exactal Group is an equal opportunity employer. We ensure that every job applicant and employee has equal employment opportunities.