Senior Quality Engineer / Test Engineer – Hong Kong
Exactal develops, markets and distributes CostX®, a leading on-screen quantity take-off and estimating software product which is used across the construction industry worldwide. With offices around the world including Australia, the UK, Hong Kong, New Zealand, the USA and Malaysia, CostX® has thousands of users in over 80 countries and is a global leader in BIM-enabled estimating, 3D take-off, and 2D on-screen measurement for building and construction.
- New position available in the head office of a successful international business
- Testing for world renowned construction industry software products
- Work with a dynamic and friendly team in a great location
- We encourage “Work Life Balance”
With sales of our software products in over 80 countries we are experiencing dynamic growth and because of this, our software R&D team currently has a vacancy for an experienced and talented Senior Quality Engineer to be based in our Hong Kong head office. Successful applicants to this position will be crucial in helping the Exactal team in achieving the company’s objectives and be part of the company’s growth.
- Work closely with the Product Owner, Scrum Master, developers and QA in an Agile Scrum team to deliver and maintain quality software solutions, integrations and implementations
- Develop and execute test schedules, test plans, and test case scenarios based on product and business requirements
- Design and execute unit, integration and system testing
- Design, develop and apply automated testing tools and scripts to a variety of testing tasks and scenarios
- Document, analyse and track defects and re-tests
- Contribute QA artifacts to the knowledge base
- Contribute to the continual improvement of software quality as well as QA practices and processes
- Graduate degree or Higher Diploma in IT or a related discipline or experience in a similar role
- At least 4 years’ experience in a software testing environment
- Complete understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Active and persuasive communication skills and good command of spoken and written English
- Experience in an Agile environment
- Experience with test management systems and automated testing tool
- Experience with desktop application testing required and web application testing
- Knowledge of the following technologies/environments
- Windows server and desktop
- VMware, Citrix and virtualisation technologies
- TCP/IP & Networking
- Graphics modelling and the hardware components used
- Browsers and web technologies
- Experience in the construction industry is not necessary but will be an advantage
The successful candidate will demonstrate a high level of commitment and enthusiasm, possess a creative approach to problem solving, have a strong attention to detail, be willing to take responsibility and be pro-active, and relish the challenge of helping to grow our business to market dominance.
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic person to join a solid company with good career prospects. You will be rewarded with an excellent salary and benefits including medical insurance and a five-day working week. Be a key part of a friendly, dynamic working environment.
- You need to submit a resume and a cover letter that includes availability and salary expectation
- Applicants should be Hong Kong based as interviews will only be conducted in Hong Kong