Software Engineer (PostgreSQL) – Brisbane
- PostgreSQL developer position in a successful global business
- Use your deep PostgreSQL skills and work on a leading edge product
- Work with a dynamic and friendly multi-national team in a great location
Exactal, an RIB Software company listed in the German Stock Exchange (ETR:RIB), develops, markets and distributes innovative software for construction worldwide. With offices around the world including Australia, the UK, Hong Kong, New Zealand, USA, Malaysia and the UAE, we have many thousands of users in over 80 countries and are a global leader in producing technology for the building and construction industries.
We have a position available for an experienced and talented PostgreSQL Developer. The successful applicant will be crucial in helping the Exactal team achieve the company’s objectives and be part of the company’s growth. Work in an professional Agile software development team in a fast-paced environment and use your skills and experience to contribute to the ideation, analysis, design, development and delivery of high-quality software products.
The successful applicant will need to have extensive PostgreSQL knowledge, a strong grasp of object oriented programming concepts, like to understand how things work under the covers and be ready to work in an Agile team to deliver great products!
Your responsibilities will include analysis, design, coding, unit testing, self-testing, collaborating with other developer and QA engineers. You will work closely with software development management and the other members of the software development team located in both Hong Kong and Australian offices, turning innovative functional designs into state of the art software products. You will enjoy developing code using proven development techniques for a world class software package.
- At least 3 years experience in PostgreSQL database development
- Knowledge of some of the following advanced features including:
- User defined data types
- Operators and aggregates
- Use of extensions and extension development
- Use of arrays, citext, json and jsonb, geometric, enumerations, ranges, Plpg/SQL Functions
- Session variables
- PostgreSQL catalogues and system information functions
- Expression-based indices
- Window functions
- Aggregate features such as sorting and filtering
- Lateral joins to functions and SQL expressions
- Good understanding of structured design and development methodologies
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to think outside of the box
- Knowledge of the Windows development platform
- Commercial experience developing complex client/server Windows applications
- Good command of spoken and written English
Knowledge or experience in related areas will also be considered.
If you are passionate about PostgreSQL and thrive to continue learning and developing your knowledge and expertise then this is the role for you.
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic person to join a solid company with good career prospects and training and development opportunities to continue to develop and hone your skills and contribute to continuous improvement initiatives. Be a key part of a friendly, dynamic working environment.
- Applicants will need to attach both a both cover letter and a CV to be considered – introduce yourself to us and tell us why you’re the best person for the job.
Exactal Group is an equal opportunity employer. We ensure that every job applicant and employee has equal employment opportunities.