Support Engineer – Austin
Exactal develops, markets and distributes CostX, a leading on-screen quantity take-off and estimating software product which is used across the construction industry worldwide. With offices around the world including Australia, the UK, Hong Kong, New Zealand, the USA and Malaysia, CostX has thousands of users in over 80 countries and is a global leader in BIM-enabled estimating, 3D take-off, and 2D on-screen measurement for building and construction.
- Provide local Help Desk software customer support
- First level support for international software company
- Work with a dynamic and friendly team in a great location
With sales of our software products in over 80 countries, we are experiencing dynamic growth and because of this, our Support team currently has a vacancy for an experienced and talented Support Engineer with helpdesk or software support experience to be based in our Austin office. The successful applicants will be crucial in helping the Exactal team in achieving the company’s objectives and be part of the company’s growth.
- Provide local Help Desk support services primarily for the America region including handling support phone calls and emails, and performing software product installations for local customers via remote access
- Raise, analyse, track and resolve support incidents for customers
- Analyse the customers hardware and network in conjunction with our software application to determine cause of issues and to identify resolutions
- Liaise with the R&D team in relation to support incidents requiring software developer input
- Tertiary degree in IT or equivalent professional certifications
- Experience in a helpdesk or systems administration role or a software support engineer role
- Strong knowledge and exposure to Windows Server, Windows and Microsoft Office
- TCP/IP & Networking
- Knowledge or experience in any of the following will be an advantage:
- Browsers and web technologies;
- Construction industry;
- CAD software;
- Database software
- Software deployments in cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure or GCP
- Knowledge or experience in the Construction industry will be considered advantageous but not essential
- Good Presentation skills
- Ability to communicate IT issues to non-IT clients
The successful candidate will demonstrate a high level of commitment and enthusiasm, be happy to be part of a small and dynamic team, willing to take responsibility, and relish the challenge of helping to grow our business to market dominance.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- You will become an expert in one of the world’s leading estimating software products
- You will be involved in the leading edge of the industry and be a key part of friendly, dynamic working environment
- You need to submit a resume and a cover letter that includes availability and salary expectation
- All personal data collected will be treated in strict confidence and used for recruitment only
Exactal Group is an equal opportunity employer. We ensure that every job applicant and employee has equal employment opportunities.