Support Engineer – United States
- A varied role providing software support for an international software group.
- Work with a dynamic and friendly global team in a great location.
- Grow your skills, supporting enterprise customers on a variety of infrastructure platforms.
Exactal, an RIB Software company listed in the German Stock Exchange (ETR:RIB), develops, markets and distributes innovative software for construction worldwide. With offices around the world including Australia, the UK, Hong Kong, New Zealand, USA, Malaysia and the UAE, we have many thousands of users in over 90 countries and are a global leader in producing technology for the building and construction industries.
We are experiencing dynamic growth in our on-premise products and our Cloud/SaaS solutions. Our Support team has a vacancy in our Austin office for an experienced and talented Support Engineer with helpdesk or software support experience. The successful applicant will be part of a dynamic, global team delivering excellence in customer service, and will play a crucial role in helping achieve the company’s objectives.
- Provide Help Desk support services for Exactal / RIB ANZ customers, including handling support phone calls and emails, and performing remote software product installations.
- Raise, analyse, track and resolve support incidents for customers (primarily in the North American region).
- Analyse customers’ hardware and network in conjunction with our software applications to determine cause of issues and to identify resolutions.
- Liaise with the R&D team in relation to support incidents requiring software developer input.
- Help resolve local office IT issues.
- Tertiary degree in IT or equivalent professional certifications.
- Experience in a helpdesk or systems administration role or a software support engineer role.
- Customer focused, with a positive attitude and high standards in customer service.
- Strong knowledge and exposure to Windows Server, Windows and Microsoft Office.
- Browsers and Web technologies.
- TCP/IP & Networking.
- Knowledge or experience in any of the following will be an advantage:
- Cloud platforms, particularly AWS and Microsoft Azure;
- Virtualisation technologies including VMware and Hyper-V;
- CAD software;
- Database software
- Ability to communicate complex IT issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Knowledge or experience in the Construction industry will be considered advantageous but not essential.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a high level of commitment and enthusiasm, be happy to be part of a small and dynamic team, willing to take responsibility, and relish the challenge of helping to grow our business to market dominance.
- Exactal provides a competitive salary, 401K matching and health care insurance.
- You will become an expert in some of the world’s leading construction software products.
- You will be involved in the leading edge of the industry and be a key part of friendly, dynamic working environment.
- Please send us a detailed resume with expected salary.
- All personal data collected will be treated in strict confidence and used for recruitment only.
Exactal Group is an equal opportunity employer. We ensure that every job applicant and employee has equal employment opportunities.