Exactal Releases CostX 3.50
Exactal’s newest version, CostX® 3.50, is officially released today to customers around the world. CostX® 3.50 contains a variety of new updates, especially in the area of BIM estimating. Some of the main features are as follows:
- It is now possible to import BIM drawings with user defined properties. Extra or missing data from the Model can be imported and used within CostX® as if the data was in the original model. For example, elemental or other codes could be added for better categorization or missing quantities could be attached to objects.
- Ability to highlight/select multiple branches on the model tree allowing various objects to be filtered at the same time with the click of a mouse.
- Clicking a line in the Schedule while the Model tab is displayed now highlights the object on the drawing.
- New Report Writer interface allowing fully customisable and programmable report templates to be created.
- New Ghost View mode for 3D drawings which shows all the ‘hidden’ objects in a highly transparent form. This mode gives the objects which are not hidden a context within the rest of the building.
- IFC objects now contain a new property ‘FriendlyTypeName’ which is automatically calculated by CostX® using the information available in the other Object properties. Friendly names are useful for naming the dimensions and dimension groups when importing BIM data.
- Area Dimension ‘Quickpoint’ now available in 3D. With the shift key pressed, simply click walls, floors, roofs and other faces to instantly take off the areas.
- Support for Windows 8 computers.
- Vector and Raster measurement modes have been replaced with Line and Point modes respectively.
All customers under maintenance are recommended to upgrade to Version 3.50. Customers with maintenance may download version 3.50 through Exactal’s dedicated support site TechWeb at http://techweb.exactal.com/downloads/search.php. As soon as the type of product has been selected, and your valid serial number entered, the new version may be downloaded. Users may retrieve their serial number by copying the text from the About box for CostX®.
PLEASE NOTE: This upgrade is only valid for users under maintenance. Users who are not under maintenance but who would like to upgrade should contact their Exactal office or local reseller. Some features only apply to the full version of CostX®. Users wanting to upgrade from a different Exactal product to CostX® should also contact their Exactal office or local reseller. For further enquiries please contact Exactal Sales via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Established in Brisbane, Australia in 2003 to develop software specifically for the quantity surveying and estimating market, Exactal has continued to expand its worldwide presence and now has not only two offices in Australia (with the second in Melbourne) and two offices in the UK (London and Newcastle Upon Tyne), but also offices in New Zealand, Singapore and Hong Kong, with sales and channel partner support across much of the globe. The main product CostX® provides a unique integration between the cost estimates and the elements on the CAD drawings that the estimate represents. This approach allows fast revisions of drawings to be easily handled and eliminates traditional scope creep in construction projects.
To read more news on Exactal please visit http://www.exactal.com/company/news/